Pages

Monday 8 December 2014

December 3T's

Welcome to another round of Tips, Tricks and Techniques, this time brought to you by team member Lesley French.


Hello everyone, this month's challenge really inspired me as a couple of Christmas' ago my girls got out in our backyard and splashed around to their hearts content and the colour swatch in the inspiration this month matches the colour of their swimming togs. This got me thinking about how it can be hard to get colours to match and link through out your layout so thought I would share how I use paint to link photos, paper and embellishments together to create a cohesive layout.

To start I chose my colours, pink, blue and yellow. I wanted to add a Xmas theme but it is hard to find any in these colours so I broke out my Cuttlebug and found my Christmas tree.


I painted the raised side of the embossing folder and laid down some white cardstock. Now you do need to do this quickly as the Tim Holtz Distress Paints dry permanently if left too long!
 

 I then cut out the tree, distressed the edges to soften and added some bling.

To extend the colour scheme on the paper I edged the patterned paper with the 'Picked Raspberry' and added some 'Wild Honey' splatter (in an effort to mimic the splashes of the water)

 For the embellishments I painted the 'WOW' and the letters of my title in the 'Broken China'. I have some of the Tim Holtz Word Bands so I painted it pink then wiped it off so just the words stayed pink.


  
It's a simple layout but I hope that the techniques I have shown you will inspire to try using paint to help create a colour scheme that suits your needs.



Don't forget to enter this month's ARTastic challenge.  All the details are in the left sidebar.  Remember you have until the end of the month to submit your entry.



5 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous....I have that embossing folder & have done a similar thing....I think it looks absolutely stunning....loooove the 3 colours idea:):) TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks fabulous. Love the use of the 3 colours and the added bling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing great idea and the effect is fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing and I to have that embossing folder lol. Looks great what you did with it
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea and a fab 3T's.....I love your Christmas tree and the "delisious" colouts you used. Now I know what to wish from Santa for Christmas, lol.

    ReplyDelete