Pages

Thursday 15 June 2017

Our June mid month reveal ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal.

This month we feature this delightful artwork by Ethel Spowers called The Kite.  

CRITERIA - VINTAGE style OR featuring CHILDREN
 (or for an extra challenge combine both)


And some lovely inspiration from our second team ...

KAT
Huge congratulations to Kat from all of the team on the birth of twins ...
I find vintage style challenging so I made a layout about my children. I don't have much time to scrap with newborn twins so I used a pre-made page kit which features geometric shapes (inspired by the kite) and some of the colours from the painting.

TONE
I decided to feature children (well one child) outdoors playing.

ANGELIKA
I was inspired by the sepia tones in the painting to do my photos in sepia. The vintage challenge inspired me to do a page about a flapper girl performance. I also fussy cut a million vintage roses.

KAREN
The inspiration I have taken from this painting is the sense of oldy worldy.

KRIPA

I started with vintage & children and ended up making shabby chic instead  the painting of the children looking at the kite inspired me to pick this photo of my son.

ANNA
 I have made a try to combine both but I'm not sure how I succeeded  - the wooden background has that vintage feel and I am featuring children or at least one child. I have used some of the colors from the painting too.

JANE
I've combined both taking the colours from the painting as my inspiration. I've used a sweet photo of a family member.

Now it is your turn, we'd love to see your own interpretation. You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

1 comment: